Services for Camps
The feasibility study is designed to provide specific feedback regarding the readiness of the camp/ conference center to begin a campaign, a reasonable campaign goal, the proper timing of a potential campaign, potential leaders and major gift donors. This information is compiled through personal, on-site interviews with staff and existing donors.
The areas of study include:
- Perceived strengths of the current program and areas for improvement
- Effectiveness of the management team and Board of Directors (Major Donors are more likely to give to organizations they perceive as well managed.)
- Testing the case statement to see if it captures the mission and vision of the client as whether the projects resonate with the donor base.
- Gathering factual data regarding campaign pledges
- Identify potential leadership
- Identify potential major gift donors
- This data is reviewed with the results being a written report containing observations, conclusions and recommendations regarding the potential capital campaign. The report is delivered in a face-to face meeting between a Goehner Group consultant and the organization's leadership.
The Goehner Group works as a coach for the camp leadership through all stages of the capital campaign. The first step is to develop a leadership team of volunteers for the campaign. The campaign committee provides overall leadership for the campaign and specific leadership to the sub-committees. A prayer team is established which will lead an emphasis on prayer throughout the campaign. The Goehner Group is committed to prayer being the "leading wave" to any capital campaign.
The leadership team will guide the campaign through the process of making major gift donor calls and organizing one or more public events to acquaint potential donors with the mission and vision of the campaign and to solicit their support. Throughout this process The Goehner Group is involved by training staff, leaders and volunteers; providing strategy to plan and develop the campaign; facilitating leadership meetings and serving as an objective observer and facilitator. A unique aspect of working with The Goehner Group is the individual and personal approach to each campaign and the support that is offered to the campaign team.
Board TrainingThe Goehner Group provides a board training and evaluation weekend retreat to assist the board of directors and the ministry CEO to build a more effective leadership team and working relationship. The workshop is practical, filled with real life examples and designed to allow time for interaction and feedback.
Organization Audit / Assessment
TGG assists an organization in seeing a "snap shot" of the current ministry through personal interviews, focus groups, surveys and research. The client organization provides materials for the Organizational Profile upon which the study is based. Within the general audit, departments and segments of the ministry can be highlighted and studied as needed by the organization.
Find out more about services for camps