The feasibility study is designed to provide specific feedback regarding the readiness of the camp/ conference center to begin a campaign, a reasonable campaign goal, the proper timing of a potential campaign, potential leaders and major gift donors. This information is compiled through personal, on-site interviews with staff and existing donors.
The areas of study include:
- Perceived strengths of the current program and areas for improvement
- Effectiveness of the management team and Board of Directors (Major Donors are more likely to give to organizations they perceive as well managed.)
- Testing the case statement to see if it captures the mission and vision of the client as whether the projects resonate with the donor base.
- Gathering factual data regarding campaign pledges
- Identify potential leadership
- Identify potential major gift donors
- This data is reviewed with the results being a written report containing observations, conclusions and recommendations regarding the potential capital campaign. The report is delivered in a face-to face meeting between a Goehner Group consultant and the organization's leadership.